A previous client at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center charged the hospital of negligence in a lawsuit submitted Monday in which she stated she was sexually assaulted last year by a qualified nursing aide after she went through surgery.
The female alleged in the suit that the medical facility failed to appropriately react to issues of sexual offenses involving the same staff member going back more than a years.
In addition, the person claimed Cedars-Sinai never questioned her or made any effort to examine after she reported the attack to the healthcare facility June 13. Her suit stated she made numerous efforts to talk with somebody at Cedars-Sinai just before being informed that the worker had been discharged which she could report the matter to police if she desired more activity taken.
The lawsuit, which also alleges dependent adult misuse as well as medical mistakes, accused Guillermo Diaz, a former licensed nursing assistant at the healthcare facility, of sexually attacking her. Diaz’s accreditation was revoked by the state in 2014 after allegations of sexual assault, inning accordance with the state Division of Public Health.
A man which answered Diaz’s mobile phone decreased to be talked to, said Maryland medical malpractice attorney.
The medical facility has actually said Diaz was suspended June 18 and also terminated July 11.
Cedars-Sinai released a declaration Monday stating the health center carried out examinations after each problem which Diaz’s state certification was withdrew with the assistance of the health center.
L.A. police started an examination into Diaz in 2014 after two individuals came forward to state they had been sexually assaulted by a Cedars-Sinai staff member, based on a search warrant submitted by authorities previously this year.
During the investigation, a detective found 2 older sexual offense accusations by patients against Diaz– one dating to 2000– along with a decade-old problem by a co-worker that claimed Diaz raped her after an office event, according to the search warrant. None of those instances resulted in criminal costs. Diaz, 56, denied misbehavior during meetings with police, inning accordance with the warrant.
A district attorney’s spokesperson claimed Monday that prosecutors have yet to choose whether to submit criminal fees against Diaz about the latest investigation.
Monday’s claim alleged that a 43-year-old patient was attacked in April 2013 after a nine-hour surgery to get rid of a pancreatic tumor. She claimed she was “extremely weak and also in unbearable pain following the surgical treatment.”.
Diaz, the claim alleges, provided her a massage but relocated his hands to her boobs and afterwards her groin, in spite of the patient telling him to stop.
“It is horrendous that Cedars-Sinai enabled Mr. Diaz to continue functioning there in spite of duplicated issues of him sexually violating people,” lawyer Michael Alder, whose law firm is standing for the previous patient, said in a statement. “It is unfortunate that the supposed strike on our client was totally avoidable by this organization.”.